Old Firehall 1878
The Old Firehall, a landmark in downtown Thorold, was designed by the architect John Latshaw and built for $2,483. It has a combination bell tower and hose tower, yellow and red brickwork, semi-circular wood windows, and a circular wood window in the gable end at the tower. Decorative yellow brick arches frame each window.
The bell which hung in its tower remained in use until 1964, when the fire department moved into its new hall nearby on Towpath Street. In 1967 the old bell was installed outside the new firehall.