East Side School Bell

East Side School Bell c.1860

The East Side School was erected in the 1850’s. It was originally a two-room schoolhouse. In 1875 it was enlarged by another two rooms. It was located directly across from L.G. Lorriman (now Thorold City Hall) on the west side of Carleton St. S. It was used until 1914 when L.G. Lorriman was built.

The Bell was displayed beside Chestnut Hall for years, but is currently in storage awaiting a permant location.

Map to the Bell

Click pin on map for directions.